PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER INVITES ARTISTS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS, FROM BUDDING ARTISTS TO PROFESSIONALS, TO JOIN THE FUN OF MANDURAH’S LARGEST OUTDOOR PAINTING FESTIVAL.
THE FESTIVAL IS OPEN TO ARTISTS WORKING IN A VARIETY OF MEDIUMS; FROM SKETCHING AND DRAWING IN CHARCOAL, PENCIL AND PASTELS TO PAINTING IN WATERCLOUR, ACRYLICS AND OILS – AND EVERYTHING IN BEWEEN.
The festival dates are the long weekend of 24, 25 and 26 September 2022, with additional pre – festival workshops and activities – all designed to celebrate the art of painting outdoors.
The festival will be held around Mandurah’s town centre, cultural precinct and the historic town of Pinjarra.
Artwork will be exhibited and available for sale at the end of each day. Over $8,000 in cash and prizes are on offer for artists accepting the challenge of capturing the character and beauty of Mandurah and the Peel region’s natural and built environment.
September pre-festival activities include:
- World Wide Paint Out: 10 and 11 September, around the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Masterclass Workshops with featured artists Tiffanie Mang (USA) and Leon Holmes
- Featured artist exhibition at the Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
Festival Weekend activities 24 – 26 September:
- Artists Meet and Greet at the Leon Holmes Gallery
- Demonstrations by featured artists Leon Holmes and Tiffanie Mang (USA)
- Day and evening paint outs
- Two-hour ‘Quick Draw’ painting competition
- A day painting in historical Pinjarra
- Exhibition and Awards
All registered artists are eligible for the awards and cash prizes, visit www.pleinairdownunder.com to find out more.